RECOVERY OF RESOURCES
WE CONSTANTLY STRIVE TO REACH OUR GOAL OF ZERO WASTE
We care about doing things the right way.
- 100% of all waste paper generated in the manufacturing process is bundled and shipped to recycling facilities for use in future products.
- We are in the process of developing a fuel cell that can recapture and reuse the heat it generates to power itself. This new technology will be operational in the near future.
- All plates used in the printing process are recycled.
- We have eliminated conventional film processing methods and were the first large facility in North America to digitize the screen process, eliminating several waste-producing steps.
- We utilize a centrifuge to remove solvents from cleaning rags so that they can be reused.
- The pH content of the “press wash” is neutralized so that the formerly volatile liquid can be safely recycled.
- All leftover silkscreen inks are reprocessed and become “imprint black,” an input in future manufacturing processes. Additionally, all leftover offset inks are shipped back to our supplier.
- Our air filtration system recycles the air completely at least twice daily, resulting in a healthier work environment.
- Wastewater discharge is filtered to neutralize the pH so that harmful compounds are not released into the environment.